CLAUDE CHABROL / Collection of 7 French pressbooks
All in pictorial wrappers, 13 x 9 1/2" (33 x 24 cm.) or smaller, generally VERY GOOD+ or better:
- LE BEAU SERGE (1958). 4 pp. Chabrol's first feature.
- DOUBLE TOUR [LEDA / WEB OF PASSION] (1959) 8 pp.
- LANDRU (1963) 8,1 pp. Chabrol's version of the story of Bluebeard.
- MARIE-CHANTAL CONTRE LE. DR. KAH (1965). 2 pp. One of a few secret agent films Chabrol did during a brief early lull in his career (he apparently had great fun while doing them).
- LA ROUTE DE CORINTHE [WHO'S GOT THE BLACK BOX?] (1967) 4 pp. Another spy movie, this one Chabrol's only film with Jean Seberg.
- LA FEMME INFIDLE [THE UNFAITHFUL WIFE] (1968) 6 pp.
- LA RUPTURE [THE BREACH] (1970) 8 pp.
Chabrol (1930-2010) has more than 70 credits listed in his vast career as director. This is a nice sampling from the first decade of that career.